Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Next Chapter

For the past several weeks I've worked my ass off creating an application package for a study abroad program. The application involved an essay, resume, transcripts, and a three part portfolio highlighting several of my product design projects. In true Art Center fashion I finished about 20 minutes before the deadline...but that's still before the deadline. The final element was a personal interview which went well and I felt good about the whole experience. Then came the fun part: waiting for the results... And what was the result you may ask? A week later an email appeared in my inbox. Without opening it I read the fist line. "Dear Student, Congratulations! You have been selected..." Not only was I selected, but several of my good friends at Art Center, including my roommate, were also selected to the small group of participating studens.

So what does this translate to in reality? I will be leaving for France sometime during the last few day of the year. The program is 15 weeks long, so I'll be living, studying, and traveling in Europe again for the first four months of 2009 at least. It goes without saying I am extremely excited. Admittedly, there are nicer times of the year to be in Paris, but its going to be amazing regardless and being there during the winter also means one thing: snowboarding in the Alps, bitches!
The time line also has me in Paris for New Years Eve and in the French countryside through spring. Could be worse. There's a lot of time between now and the end of April which means a lot of things can happen, however, there are a number of options on the table depending on how well the program goes and what comes of it. One option I've already been introduced to is taking on a European internship following INSEAD. I know I want to do an internship after INSEAD, in fact that was one of the primary alternatives I'd been considering for the spring had I not been selected. I wouldn't be opposed to an internship on either side of the Atlantic, or elsewhere for that matter, but as they say time will tell. Now I just need to get my paperwork in order...
Part of the campus is this 12th century Château. It could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment