Wednesday, October 1, 2008

C'mon, Bebe, You Know I Love You!

I really dig Bebe's new ad campaign. The direction they've taken the brand for the fall and winter line has a saturated feel, dripping with attitude and atmosphere. Part boudoir, part 80's chic, part Eyes Wide Shut...all kinds of sexy.

The colors are classic but bold. Lips that red are nothing but power. I like the heavy, deliberate use of background shadow, it emphasizes the glam-lit feel of the photography.

I recently worked with a professional photographer and its given me renewed respect for the profession. I've also been paying more attention to fashion lately, though not in my own life it would seem! You need "money" for that.

The down side to Bebe's new campaign? It sort of reminds me of the girls in the Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love" video. Not something to shoot for. On the up side, however, it's kind of like some of Paulina Porizkova's work for Estee Lauder in the 80s. That, on the other hand, IS something to shoot for.

http://www.bebe.com/ Click on Ad Campaign on the bottom left.

No comments:

Post a Comment