Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Dream Realized

Rare is the day one gets to actualize a wish they've genuinely held for most of their life. Just such a day for me came February 7th when I hit the slopes for a weekend of snowboarding in the French Alps. Skiing the Alps has been a dream for at least half my life, ever since I picked up snowboarding. I came tragically close in 2004 while i was living in Berlin. Some friends and i planned to make a trek to the Bavarian Alps in southern Germany, but the plans fell through at the last minute. Now, five years later, i'm back in Europe and made a pact with myself that i would not let the opportunity escape me a second time. As fortune had it, some friends from INSEAD invited me to join them at a beautiful chalet in the ultra-quaint resort town of Chamonix near the French-Italian border for a weekend of bliss. The snow was amazing, the scenery unbelievable, the chalet incredibly cozy, and the cumulative experience all that i'd ever hoped it would be.

Dream: realized.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing man. I would smoke a cigar at that point. Damn that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment john! and keep posting updates from france.. i wanna hear how it is!

    ReplyDelete