Monday, February 23, 2009

Inspiration for One Humble Designer

I surround myself with design in one way or another constantly. Graphics, products, branding, architecture... They're all of interest and quite often a source of inspiration. But every now and again I come across a design that truly refreshes me. These are few, and generally too far between. But when they do appear, the wait is worth it. They change paradigms, alter our previous perception of possibility and have the ability to affect us deeply.

I saw this on DeTnk, a fantastic site that aggregates a lot of design-related content, much of which just happens to be my favorite types of design. This structure - beautifully transferred from concept to manifestation, and beautifully captured here - is an example of one such a design. When I see this, I see the realization of cloudy ideas i've had floating around my brain and endless possibility as a result of this new found clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment